Monday, January 12, 2009

Heal the Hole That Ripped in Living

My old blog turned four early this month. Time flies. In 2005, I started blogging because I was selling something. In no time at all, I found that sharing my thoughts in my very own space was therapeutic, especially since some parts of my life had become occasionally stressful and/or needed some form of release. It became very helpful in that regard; the blog became a place where I can rant and rave freely about things that may not necessarily concern others. I knew my limits, though, and kept some things private. I can’t--and shouldn’t--divulge everything, obviously.

It seems that almost everyone’s connected now somehow, at least in this dimension. The linked communities seem so within reach these days, the shifting corners of cyberspace replete with thoughts and reports on almost every subject imaginable. Some blogs have become catalysts for change, or valuable tools to those seeking justice, or even revenge. Every person has a story, and these days, it’s hard to miss how those tales unfold via personal accounts or through people with their take on the day’s details.

How has blogging helped or changed me, apart from the reasons I stated? Hmm. It continues to give me opportunities to speak on issues that are important to me. It also documents how much I’m changing, learning or growing. I look at my 2005 and 2006 posts and realize that my life used to be simpler. I really had fewer concerns.

I don’t know for sure if my entries make a difference or inspire others to share their own thoughts. But I know that writing them, sharing articles and posting drawings and photos are helpful to me in varying degrees. This blog will continue to recount, celebrate, praise, rip apart, question, and wonder about things that interest me, for as long as I’m able.

No comments: