Monday, December 05, 2011

Strike Anywhere

Cool confirmation time: Christos Gage recently revealed via CBR that Julie Power a.k.a. Lightspeed from Power Pack is bisexual. The Avengers Academy writer talked about the character liking guys when she was a kid, and girls as a teen. It was heavily hinted at in the Loners miniseries a few years ago. But wait, there’s more! Striker, the student often hitting on female classmates, will be coming out as gay!

I knew it. I felt that the author put clues in his origin issue (AA # 5), mainly, the statement that he was “bored” with the girl groupies that Norman Osborn gave him. I always felt that he was gay. There’s another hint that actually reinforces it; Striker opted to talk instead with Veil after she kissed him in that same issue.
Speaking of gay stuff, my “Super Gay DC” drawing’s gotten 101 notes over at Tumblr. Gail Simone even reblogged the image and commented, “Yay, a bunch of my dearest kids are on there!” That is so cool. She was referring to Scandal Savage, Liana, Knockout, Creote, and Olympian. It’s also cool that she also commented on my first “Gay DC” drawing last April: “I love this. Thank you so much for drawing and posting it! That girl there with the awesome hair? THAT’S SCANDAL SAVAGE, baby!”

No comments: