Sunday, January 30, 2005

Action Figgers!

Got a set of four JLA Series 2 action figures: Firestorm, Atom, Adam Strange and Elongated Man. I don't buy DC Direct figures often, as they have very few points of articulation, and are a bit expensive. But the sculpts and paint details are quite good. And Druid's Keep offered the entire set to me at P 800 less than regular toy department prices. My DC toys have second- and third-tier Justice Leaguers now... pwede na awayin yung mga Marvel Legends, heheh...
Thanks by the way, McPiglet, for bringing me to the shop and carrying my box of goodies last night. :)

5 comments:

rmacapobre said...

i have batman. im waiting for wonderwoman. i think the "best-est" figure is aquamans .. ^_^

OLIVER said...

The Aquaman fig is cool; it's nicely done. :) But I wish they'd released the Grant Morrison-run version too, the bearded tough guy with a hook for a hand. The classic-costumed version is a great toy, nonetheless.

sky said...

And all I had was a GI Joe action figure (it was a diver) whose name escapes me. I skipped one childhood phase.

Your LNA book--I heard the phrase Sex, Gods and Rock and Roll from "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)".

Would link you up, ok?

OLIVER said...

Buddy!
Go ahead, link me. Thanks!
The Meatloaf song actually goes, "I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock and roll".
I took the old phrase associated with the rock star lifestyle, "sex, drugs, and alcohol" and played with it. It's probably the same set of words that Meatloaf paraphrased. :)
When I was thinking of a title for the comic book, "Sex, Gods, Rock and Roll" was the first and only line that I felt best summed up the themes explored in it. :)
G.I. Joe... wasn't into that too much except the cartoons. Although a sibling really liked the toys.

sky said...

Meatloaf is one of those singers alongside Extreme (of More Than Words fame) and that guy who sang Heaven Knows, that I choose to forget. Hence the misheard lyrics. He he.