Friday, January 28, 2005

Dazed and confused...

...but not really. Just confused. Been tired lately. You know that feeling when you wake up and suddenly realize that the previous day didn't end up as nicely as it should have? I hate it. HATE IT!

>Ahem<

Despite feeling bad at the start of the day, I feel optimistic that things will work out. At least I try to feel optimistic... gotta start somewhere. Oh, I got nice feedback for LNA from TV director and Duda/Bathhouse actor Andoy Ranay that cheered me up. He texted:

"Hey, just finished reading your comics... it could be a good material for a sitcom or a film. Very Western. May hidden anger yung mga characters. I hope the Filipino readers would appreciate such a progressive endeavor... Very real! I like it! :)"

If you're reading this, thanks again, Andoy! You're the first person to point out the repressed anger part. I haven't seen Bathhouse yet, but I will, promise!

By the way, Max, if you've stumbled upon my humble blog, hi! Thanks for the encouraging letter. And thanks for posting my cover on your blog. I hope you can fill me in on what you said about it though. I only know a few French words. :)

Okay, that felt good.

Hope, hope, hope.


2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

> hey max

there is no doubt about it. you are talented. you have keen attention to detail. i especially like the kimono clad woman below. the kimono is in itself a character .. ^_^

> comix and fr

i was describing my impression on each. lexy is adorable. nancy is fascinating. and argus is .. argus. whats not to like. we seem to have similar views about organized religion. finally, i think the whole premise presents a uniqie challenge to tradition (filipino). bonne chance!

OLIVER said...

Yay, Max!
Thank you. It seems that we may have similar views, yeah... I must read your blog more. :)
The premise does present something that not a lot of Filipinos are accustomed to. But I'm honestly glad that most readers get it, and are responding accordingly. :)