Sunday, January 02, 2005

Lexy, Nance & Argus: Sex, Gods, Rock & Roll

Available now at all Comic Quest outlets!

Here cometh the blurbies:

“I love how you carried the story through and pushed the gay agenda with honesty and flair. Your art and storytelling here reinforce my deep admiration for your work. Very good! Thanks for the great read.”
--Dean Alfar, Siglo: Freedom, The Lost

“…A social commentary and a poignant but entertaining look at pop culture… I love the fact that the gay characters have no hint of stereotype in them. You made them real, believable, and most importantly, lovable people. And this is something your readers will thank you for.”
--Arnold Arre, Mythology Class, After Eden

“I found the characters very interesting and very distinct. I like the dialogue and pop cultural references…”
--Budjette Tan, Batch 72

“Cool!!!”
--Gerry Alanguilan, Wasted, Ochlocrat

“… A surprising piece of fiction with a unique storytelling approach… Several rereadings are a must.”
--Benedict Bartolome, Free Spirits

"The missing love-child of Chasing Amy, Broken Heart’s Club and Reality Bites... this is one comic you should not miss! Or show to close-minded, ultra-conservative people you may happen to know, live with or hide from."
--Tobie Abad, Diliman, Love and Heartbreak

"I couldn't put it down... After reading everything (including the acknowledgment page!), I feel as if Lexy, Nance, and Argus are in my room, talking and breathing. Congrats!"
--Jojo Nones, contributing writer, Philippine Daily Inquirer

“…I noted the highly filmic storytelling format of ‘Gods...’…”
--Edgar Atadero, president, ProGay Philippines

“…Really great piece of work... I loved the dialogue and how the characters were fleshed out... it's like they're real, everyday people. Your writing and storytelling styles remind me of Daniel Clowes’ Ghost World... but more unconventional, cutting edge and in-your-face! I was hooked.”
--Julius Oliveros, Filipino Comic Book Portal