Sunday, March 27, 2005

Quickie

Just a quickie list of highlights and stuff worth mentioning:

1) My best friend and LNA co-publisher John Toledo is penciler of the new Image title Blacklight, created and co-plotted by Jim Valentino (Shadowhawk, A Touch of Silver) and written by Scott Wherle (Micronauts). It’s being solicited for a June release, so place your orders now at your favorite comic shops, kids!

2) Saw the last ever Friends episode over Wowow last night. It was simpler than I expected, but it’s a decent ending nonetheless. Studio 23 is airing Joey tonight, I think.

3) I passed an AIDS test. “Non-reactive”, the result says. Yay, me!

4) Angel Season 5 starts this week, Studio 23 (I'm unsure of the day and time). First ep is written and directed by Joss Whedon.

5) Discovered that one of the popular motel chains has a VIP room whose walls have a jungle motif. But painted rather sloppily on the headboard area is a destroyed jet cockpit. Really. I dunno what kinks you can conjure up with that. Still, it's creative, if a bit morbidly funny.

6) Warner Music will be giving me a copy of The Best of Sixpence None the Richer. I love them. Thanks, Warner!

7) Borrowed lots of Bone, Mage, Castle Waiting, Battle Pope and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen issues and tpb’s from Benedict, and read the latest New Avengers (I have mixed feelings about it) and Young Avengers (I’m unimpressed, so far).

8) Pizza Hut and KFC were both open for deliveries during Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Yay!

5 comments:

Jason said...

Congrats on the test ;-) And thanks for the link!

OLIVER said...

Hey Jason! Thanks.
I linked Pam too. Hope she doesn't mind.

JaymsterBean said...

Jollibee and Greenwich were open too on Good Friday! Wehehe. La lang.

Anyways, see ya on Tuesday at the launch of Graduation Day! =)

OLIVER said...

Jamie! Linked you na. See you on Tuesday. :)

JaymsterBean said...

kewl! =) thanks!

i linked you na din. hehe.