Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Babble and Gab

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This was used in the paper two years back. It accompanied my article, "Where have all the late night talk shows gone?". E! Philippines carried David Letterman's show then, while Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno's shows aired over CNBC Asia every weekend. All three shows just vanished. It left a void in my TV-viewing (or -listening, as sometimes I just tune in while working on something) schedule.

But super-geek Conan, my favorite talk show host, is back nightly on ETC since last year, along with unfunny-comic-but-good-host Jay Leno. Thank you, ETC/Solar! I've been watching Conan since '96. Some of the weirdest and funniest sketch characters that I've enjoyed from the show include the Masturbating Bear, If-Life-Gives-You-Lemons-Make-Lemonade Jesus, and Robert Smigel's Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quirky Letterman has yet to resurface. John Stewart's talk show, shown on JackTV, is slowly growing on me, but I can't remember when it's on.

No comments: