Monday, August 15, 2005

X Degrees of Separation

It was a busy Sunday, spent alongside friends and co-workers. I’ve been feeling reflective lately. The past couple of days weren’t long enough for all the other things I wanted to do.

I find it unsurprising that I’m a totally different person from the one I was, say, two years ago. I continue to be shaped by disparate people in varying degrees.

I run into some people I’d rather not, and admire others from a distance. There are those who motivate and inspire me on different levels. I enjoy interacting with them whenever possible. There are those I keep reminding myself to be grateful to. But there are a lot of people I don’t feel any emotional attachment to anymore. There are still those who bait me into their spheres, for whatever reason, I no longer care to understand. I just mind my own business; I have my own life to live. The pain of old failures, heartbreaks and insecurities sometimes resurfaces, but I’ve learned a few tricks to numb it.

I enjoy the warmth and electricity of intimacy. I feel free and loved. And very capable of loving.

Ooh, sunrise. And birds chirping.

2 comments:

slim whale said...

sunrise, birds chirping, while "What a Wonderful World" plays in the background. heheh

very well said. i couldn't agree more.

OLIVER said...

Slim, thank you. I like your post about your parents, by the way.:)