Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Verities

Passed by blue-furred rockstar Ian:

20 random things about me:

1. I’m usually the first (and only) person to report a power failure in our area.
2. I like Christmas trees.
3. I like Halloween.
4. I admire John for yelling at two janitors who were heckling a trannie at the CR.
5. I worry about my health, but I never felt this healthy before.
6. I need a new pair of jeans.
7. I'm still using the old family dictionary, which now has a broken spine and ratty pages.
8. I find comic book sales exciting.
9. I don’t feel deserving of my old Grade 5 Conduct Award.
10. I don’t understand what Bjork is singing about, but she’s very watchable.
11. I have a toy shelf that also houses my (and my brother’s) old, beat-up action figures.
12. Sad episodes of Buffy and Angel are still the most memorable ones for me and Benedict.
13. I’m excited to see Serenity. People've been raving about it.
14. It takes me time to get rid of used-up drawing pens.
15. I think that the moon landing is questionable.
16. I know how heartbreak feels.
17. I call younger people “kids”. Usually in my head.
18. I have faith in the goodness of certain people.
19. A day without listening to my favorite music can be deafening.
20. A friend asked once, "If LNA had live counterparts, who would they look like?" I'd rather have them animated, but let's see. I’d cast the following people as my characters based on their looks alone: Andrew Wolff as Lexy, Karel Marquez as Nance, and Adam David as Argus. I’d like Imago’s Aia to be Nance’s singing voice.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Argus, Lexy and Nance?

Friendlies

September's nearly over! And it's the middle of the week already. Need to reorganize. Got lots of things to do. I'll be attending the Komikon next month, by the way. Will be on full pimp mode by then. Some local comic book creators will be releasing new stuff on that day too, so I'm looking forward to that.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday last week were great. Was able to rest and de-stress. Really cool. Or hot. Yeah, they were.

Also, after over a year of not caring about Friendster, I finally, impulsively joined. I didn't want to be distracted with it, and I thought it might be a tedious chore, but well, I'm there now. It can be an avenue for different things, I guess. Have to dig out those old invitations.

Need to wake up early again for another job a few hours from now.

UPDATE: GAAAHHHH!!!! The friends on my list vanished! All ten of them! I reported it already, and I noticed a fellow new user is having the same problem, but what the hell happened???

UPDATE, AGAIN (Friday noon): Okay, They're back. One of Friendster's weirder hiccups, I suppose. Whew.

10 comments:

Jason said...

hehe pareho kayo ni pam (friendster)

OLIVER said...

Yeah, added her nga eh. Add kita kung nandun ka ha. :)

Ian said...

Shet! I should have told you about the screening pala!! :( I just saw the ad last monday for the tuesday screening, and I was wracking my brains trying to remember who actually KNEW about Firefly/Serenity. I should have texted you. So, so sorry. :(

It was a shame because the cinema was only about 2/3 full. If any of the castmembers or Whedon himself was sitting in the audience (as they have been reported to do at certain screenings it would have been disheartening)

Ah well, hopefully the people who DID see it can spread the word of how amazing this movie is.

You can't stop the signal!!!

sky said...

Aaargh! Bawal Friendster dito sa office. Add sana kita.

Regarding the LNA live counterparts, I am curious: did you base the characters on real people?

slim whale said...

what about that obnoxious psychic character (sorry forgot his name), who would he be?

OLIVER said...

Ian- It's okay. Will watch on the first day. Am excited for Whedon; he's directing Wonder Woman next. :)

Buddy- add mo ako! Di kita mahanap dahil andami mong kapangalan eh.

Characters-- secret. Heheh. Seriously, they're real. In my head. And I'm glad that they are to some readers too. Live counterparts... I just saw their pictures only recently. But the way I imagined the comics versions beforehand--a big guy, a medium-build guy, a shapely girl--they're pretty idealized.

Slim-- was thinking about it but I've yet to see anyone resembling Jimmy Psychic in my mind.

johnny yambao danganan said...

hi oliver,

this is johnny, been reading your blog...favor, i read LNA years ago (lent by gerry a.) and i wish to have a copy kaso am in mindanao now and having a very diificult time getting one...do you have extra copies for sale? i can pay you through bank accounts. youcan e-mail me: johnny_danganan@yahoo.com

thanks;)

OLIVER said...

Hey Johnny!

Thanks for dropping by. Email kita once matanong ko sa LBC kung magkano padala. Thanks for the interest. :)

gumby said...

Hi oliver! Tenky tenky tenky for adding me sa friendster list mo - yun lang :)

OLIVER said...

Aw, no problem, Gumby. Thanks for adding me too. :)