Monday, January 16, 2006

Toy Boy

Fellow comics and toy fan Benedict (who’s still stunned that one of his favorite titles, Spider-Girl, is ending with its 100th issue in a few months), took these pics of my action figures last Saturday evening. Prior to this, I found some interesting back issues of Dazzler, Iron Man, and Vision and Scarlet Witch at BMP, and I got two wonderful new mix CDs from Gumby.

Here are some toys that I slowly collected over the past couple of years. Yeah, obviously, I open them up and display them. Some of them were loose figures. Click on the super-group pics for bigger images.

Avengers Assemble!

I’m pretending the Human Torch (below Spidey) is the android Jim Hammond, instead of Johnny Storm. And I put DD in because he’s practically a member anyway, even if he did politely decline “fate” (quotation marks-hand gesture, a la Jessica Drew). The 2006 Marvel Legends will be sweet… Moon Knight, Quicksilver, Wasp… Oh, I nearly forgot... it wasn't intentional, but Iron Man looks a little drunk.

Justice League Mindwipe!

Barda kicks ass. I want a Martian Manhunter, a Zatanna, and a Hawkman… I need moolah…

William and Cookie Dough

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We were quoting lines from Buffy and mimicking Spike when we took pics of these two… sayang some of the nicer poses we did of the pair were blurred. Ngek. These nice toys resemble the actors, unlike the Faith fig, which looks nothing like Eliza Dushku.

4 comments:

rmacapobre said...

i dont see diana prince in the crowd? not a fan eh?

OLIVER said...

She's between Firestorm and Black Canary, upper right corner. She's kinda tilted so you don't see her immediately.

I'm a fan, especially now, because of the Infinite Crisis event. :)

rmacapobre said...

ok i think i see her .. ^_^

have you seen the xmen3 trailer ...

OLIVER said...

Yup. Looks interesting.