Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dear Bloggy

Been very busy these last two months that I didn’t notice that it’s almost March already. Almost summer again. Can’t say I’m too excited about the humidity; we’re already getting a taste of it.

But anyway, it’s been over a year since I started doing this and I must say that having my tiny corner in this strange, multishaped dimension can be liberating and useful. My rants, raves, vanity posts, my announcements and works… they document my life now, but while there are times that certain facts and details will be veiled, they’ll still talk about my feelings, thoughts and hopes. I feel blessed now and at a stage that I’m a little afraid of the future. Maybe I always have been. I’ve been living very cautiously on some days, and living others as if they were my last. Writing this paragraph is a little creepy, I admit, because it sounds and feels like I’m trying to analyze my life and put things in perspective. I haven’t done that in a while, and somehow, it feels weird. Because one, it feels like I’m typing one of those prescient notes that people write shortly before they die; and two, because I suddenly feel much older, with more grownup issues to resolve.

I’m at a point now where I’m enjoying my life. I can’t say that’s always been the case. My life is radically different now in many ways, and looking back, I see how innocent, naïve, and simplistic I was. I’d like to think that I’ve grown up some, and learned to be more spontaneous and playful. That I’m more tolerant now, although there really are people that just annoy the hell outta me (like smartass jerks who can’t keep their mouths shut while watching a movie, suicidal creeps who smoke inside the jeep, and judgmental preachers in buses…god, just keel over and die, please).

I like my life now. It’s nowhere near perfect, but I can appreciate its intricacies. It’s been lively and lovely for me so far. When I read this entry a year or so from now, I’ll be reminded of the things that I left out that needn’t be written here because I can only share so much. But regardless, I can always say that I’m glad I met certain people, learned from some mistakes, and lived my life--in my own, obsessive way--to the fullest.

5 comments:

rmacapobre said...

do you know if we can have our blogs printed in like a book locally?

id like to keep them on paper also ..

OLIVER said...

I guess. If you wish to have it printed for yourself only, you can save your pages and have them printed out in black and white or greyscale, so it's cheaper.

slim whale said...

wow, that really sounded like you were about to die tomorrow or something.

but seriously, it's good to analyze one's life sometimes. it makes you appreciate the memories and helps you realize how much needs to be done.

about documenting your life, why don't you maintain a private journal where you can be free to write without censoring your thoughts. that's what i do. aside from my blog, i still have a journal that contains all my blog entries and longer, more private entries. I had it all printed out and hard-bound for posterity. just a suggestion.

OLIVER said...

Good suggestion, Chris. I think I can do that. Incriminating evidence, though... will have to destroy it or tell a trusted person to get rid of it once I feel I'm about to croak. :)

OLIVER said...

Hello Eon!

Heheh. Yun lang. ;)