Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sleepyheadroom

Wow, it’s July already. It still feels like summer, though. It's still horrendously humid most of the time, even after sudden downpours.

Met up with Lee last Saturday. She bought three Lexy’s, two of which were given to her friends Alan and Kat. She had me sign them and the Family Album. Thanks, Lee!

To those still looking for copies, it’ll be back in Comic Quest, but it may take time. I’ll finish the requirements needed to sell there when I get the chance, though. I’m just too busy to fit it in right now. But I promise I’ll get to it. In the meantime, there are still copies at Druid’s Keep and Pride Exchange. Please drop by those shops and look for it.

I’m just taking a break from work. I was able to finish Peter David’s fun Young Justice run earlier. That was entertaining and mostly a light read; too bad it got canceled and the last arc felt too compressed. I also read the first few Teen Titans issues and, well, I’m still not that big a fan of the older characters like Cyborg, Changeling and Starfire. Speaking of sidekick heroes, Alan Heinberg and Jim Cheung wrapped up the first season (thirteen issues) of their GLAAD* award-winning Young Avengers. The roster is stable (for now), and the team looks good and promising. Kate Bishop gets a codename, finally. Tommy the Straight Twin gets one, and a costumed identity, too (“Hyperkinetic” works better than the simple one they chose, in my opinion, but well…). Looking forward to Civil War: YA and Runaways by Zeb Wells, while the regular title is on hiatus.

Not much happening with me for now, but there are things that I ‘ve been meaning to do that I hope to get done soon. I need some shut-eye. Been enjoying that lately, as last week didn’t allow me to get much rest.

Oh, for those who’re interested, here’s Fully Booked’s set of entries that made it in the People’s Choice Award Category.

*Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation

No comments: