Monday, June 25, 2007

Clarification

The komiks article I submitted to the Entertainment section of the paper is finally out today. Here's the online version. I sent that a couple of months ago. I'm thankful that they were able to keep its length. Space is hard to come by these days in that section. To Mrs. Luming Coching, Regie Ravelo, Carl Vergara, and Gerry Alanguilan, thank you very much for helping out, and for your patience. I dunno which pictures made it, so please grab a copy of the print version soon.

Also, I'd like to clarify something. A pair of sentences in the first paragraph of the published/edited version reads: "The medium thrived, enjoying a diverse audience. But it is slowly vanishing from the newsstands." I originally wrote, "This medium thrived and enjoyed a diverse readership until it slowly vanished from newsstands in recent years." I mention this because I know for a fact that komiks currently aren't being sold at sidewalks or other places that sell newspapers and other publications. So that sentence should've been in the past tense all along.

But these things happen... and, well, I still love my editors. :)

5 comments:

Gerry Alanguilan said...

Thanks for the opportunity to share my views on comics in the paper, Oliver!

Carver said...

Maraming salamat, bro! Mwah!

OLIVER said...

Gerry, thanks for sharing and helping out. I appreciate it. :)

Carl, you too! Mwah!
Sayang nga lang di nagamit yung ibang pics...

hxero said...

nakiki basa lang...

OLIVER said...

Thanks for visiting, Henry! :)