Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 45

November’s happening way too fast. Where’d the time go?

John gave me a belated birthday gift, a two-pack Marvel Legends set of X-Men characters Cannonball and Domino. The fast-vanishing action figures were released almost a month ago, also during the Wave 3 toy launch. Ah, so cool and pretty. Speaking of toys, Benedict gave me an advanced birthday gift way back in September, the rare Witchblade figure from the first Legendary Heroes set. It has the Pitt head and upper torso segment of the huge bonus figure. Can’t wait for the rest of the wave to go on sale so I can assemble that. Thanks for the toys, boys.

Let’s see… same old, it was a good week. John and I watched Beowulf in glorious 3D last Tuesday. Oh, and my Beowulf interviews with Neil Gaiman, Roger Avary and Steve Starkey got printed last Wednesday. In the same issue, my article about Lost production designer Zack Grobler came out (thank you Pam and Warner!). Visit my Multiply site to read them. Aside from interviews, I also post music, comic book, movie, TV show and toy reviews over there.

Saturday, Dicky and I went to the third Komikon, which was, as usual, jampacked with different comic book lovers. He was able to get new pig sketches, as expected. It was colder at certain areas, thanks to several “evaporative” aircons placed at some parts of the venue. Said hello to old friends and fellow comics creators. Bought some sale comics (mostly L.E.G.I.O.N. back issues at P10 each!) and ate a late, late lunch later at a Shakey’s.

Pretty normal geek week. Not much to say here, except… I’m hungry. I wanna eat cake. Or a huge pizza. And I wish that I wuz anywhere, with anyone, making out. Just kidding. That line is from Dashboard Confessional’s “Screaming Infidelities.”

Must lie down now and dream of superheroes, ass-tapping, food, money, and Christmas.

No comments: