Sunday, January 06, 2008

Life As Ya Know It

“Sometimes I feel like I know too much and sometimes I feel like I don’t know nothing at all.”

Always loved that line from Patti Scialfa’s “Rumble Doll.” As a blogger for three years now, I’ve treaded that line that many fellow cyberspace venters do. I talk about those things that are closest to me, the things that I can freely and easily discuss. But I’m also still learning minute mechanics about a lot of things along the way, even on a subconscious level. Mostly, it just feels good to just say what I want, even when nobody’s really paying attention.

It’s not that I’m trying to satisfy the desires of my inner, closeted attention whore--oh yeah, we all have that--it’s just liberating to discuss the merits and/or suckiness of daily life and the pop culture items du jour. And I’m nothing if not opinionated.

I’m pleased by the fact that we can speak freely in our own soapboxes or editorials. I’m also still amused and impressed by people who can really open up and talk about the nooks and crannies of their lives.* I can only share so much, as I don’t feel comfortable opening up totally in such an open venue, nor can I fully disclose details about certain experiences, which are often shared with people who value their privacy.

That doesn’t mean I don’t allude to those experiences or feelings, so I just find ways to work them into the posts. And blogging has helped me identify and put into words things and behavior (mine and others’) that I don’t understand. It’s been therapeutic, and has made me answer some of my own questions. Well, I’ll keep writing and reading, and valuing the words and thoughts of those that, in my humble opinion, inspire me to keep sharing my own in my floating spaces.

- - - - - -

* through topics including, but not limited to, awesome one-night stand hookups, the unsightly “cobwebs” up someone’s nose, the desire to inflict pain on some deserving bastard’s face, the desire to get your perineum chewed on soon, your fixation with boobs, things you want to do to that hot priest, the details of unusual bowel movement, and so on.

No comments: