Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sunsets Sailing on April Skies

I’m rereading my April 2007 blog entries. Wow, it’s been a year since I first listened to the music of Mozzie. Been a year since Beer Guy Mark introduced me to Mojitos at Greenbelt, too. Things felt different then, as I was experiencing some kind of burnout, mixed with some desire to break from the monotony of work and personal routines that I’d gotten used to. That summer, I’d write later, was a “bittersweet bitch.”

One year later, I feel much, much better. I think I know myself and understand my quirks more, at this point. I’m still characteristically fidgety sometimes, but I’ve been learning to loosen up now. I’ve been looking at certain things differently, too.

I’ve been able to focus more with work, and manage my schedule better. I wish that translated to better sleeping hours, though. A year later, I’m writing press releases for Beer Guy’s company, too. And I’m loving Mozzie’s “So Bad.”

So there. Heart’s still on my sleeve, summer’s sweet and no bitchin’. I miss the Mojitos, though.

No comments: