Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Mutants for Old

Did this New X-Men drawing for Al (Toshi Nintendork). I’m swapping my original artwork for his copy of the FCBD X-Men. I read that already, but I’d still like to own it. Click on the drawing for a larger image. Too bad this winner roster didn’t continue; only Rockslide and Dust are in Young X-Men (which is hard to get into, because Cyclops is being portrayed as a reckless jerk).

Anyway, I did this last night. It was totally a spur of the moment thing; I grabbed the chance to do it when Al texted that he got a FCBD Jughead already (which I was supposed to trade for the X-Men issue, but I didn’t find one). I dropped everything and got really inspired to draw this.

A pity the New X-Men series was cancelled after the Messiah Complex crossover; it would’ve been great to see writers Craig Kyle and Chris Yost continue this excellent lineup’s adventures.

No comments: