Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tickled, Titillated, Touched

It’s mid-month already. Time flies so fast even when I’m not having fun. But I’d rather talk about the fun parts, for now.

I’m loving the sexy, gritty Secret Six series by Gail Simone and Nicola Scott.

I’ve been watching episodes of Miami Ink, LA Ink, and London Ink. I don’t watch them religiously but they always seem to be on whenever I’m channel-surfing. Amazing and inspiring artistry. Catching them is great timing too, because I’m actually doing some tattoo designs for a friend.

Whenever I see girl-kissing Katy Perry’s weird but funny “Ur So Gay” video, I can’t look away. Hmm, two gay-themed songs in a row. Interesting, but I still like Jill Sobule’s catchier lez classic, the other “I Kissed a Girl,” better. You know, the song that shocked and titillated Beavis and Butthead way back.

Tropic Thunder is damn funny. It riotously, relentlessly satirizes many things Hollywood. Love the fake Robert Downey-Tobey Maguire trailer, too.

Also enjoyed Pineapple Express, a stoner comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco as bumbling pot-lovers. Idiotic, crude and hilarious. It’s an Ayala Cinemas exclusive.

I’m enjoying Chelsea Lately. I watch it when I can. That woman is smart and quick with the punchlines.

I saw about five different live versions of Taken By Cars’ “December 2.” Love ‘em.

After a period of inactivity, I’m busy with work again, so thank you for the assignments, dear friends.

Man, Halloween’s just around the corner. Ten weeks of ’08 left.

No comments: