Friday, February 06, 2009

Reptile Ruckus

I had a weird dream last night. There was a gigantic alligator--several times bigger than the usual--that had an old man trapped in its mouth. It wasn’t chewing the person or anything, but the unmoving, huge teeth served as bars, trapping the man inside. He was lying face down on the floor of the giant gator’s mouth, and struggling to escape.

A small alligator appeared, entered the giant reptile’s mouth somehow, and went for the man’s ankle or foot. That part was unclear from the angle where I was viewing the whole thing. The man didn’t react to the attack. Someone standing beside the huge creature, I don’t know who, shooed the smaller gator away. The dream ended shortly after that.

I was reading about the gigantic prehistoric snake remnants found in Colombia hours before, the Titanoboa. That’s a fascinating discovery, actually. That must’ve inspired the strange dream.

Maybe. I really don’t know.

No comments: