Friday, July 17, 2009

My Pantheon

This is a tableau of my characters, drawn back in August, 2000. The original 22” X 17” black and white drawing was fully penciled and uninked. This was titled Scarab Impetus: The Second Cycle of Eras, containing key and minor characters from my story of the same title, which I hope to illustrate someday. It’s an epic that fuses together mythology, science fiction, and superhero elements.

I was so inspired by different mythologies during the time. Whilce Portacio tutored me on penciling techniques just months before. The test drawings I submitted to him often had my characters in them.

It’s been a while since I saw this and other drawings; I’d forgotten how inspired I was in creating designs and illustrating all those years ago. To be honest, I’m quite surprised now at the effort I put in them. I hope to be as inspired again. I really want to tell this story and other connected tales.

(TM and © Oliver Pulumbarit)

2 comments:

johnny yambao danganan said...

hey oliver,

gud day, johnny here of komikeros, can i have your e-mail address? will write you sana for something, request for a pin-up from you (original character: e.g., lexy, nace, argu), for the anthology comics we're locally producing...you can e-mail me at johnny_danganan@yahoo.com

thanks,

john

OLIVER said...

Hi Johnny,

I emailed you two days ago. :)