Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Turning Points and Tendencies

1. I’m dropping New Avengers. I repeatedly gave it a chance, but I’ve had enough of it. I’ll still buy Dark Avengers, also by the same writer, mainly because it’s enjoyable. It’s way more focused than New Avengers, which seems to have been taken over by guest characters.

2. I decided to follow the Utopia (Dark Avengers-Uncanny X-Men) crossover. It’s written by Matt Fraction, and the X-Men Legacy tie-ins are by Mike Carey. I like those two writers on the X-books; I enjoy their stuff because they’re respectful of continuity, but they’re introducing important changes, as well. And they’re writing Osborn’s team well.

3. I finished season four of Supernatural. Man, that cliffhanger was annoying. And I’m still disappointed at how female characters end up (hurt, killed, or forgotten).

4. I’m loving Studio 60 on the Sunset Trip. Too bad it was cancelled. It’s about the behind-the-scenes drama revolving around an SNL-ish show. Irreverent, uplifting, and damn entertaining.

5. Like I posted on my Facebook status, I’m aching to create a comic book again. I really want to tell my own stories in comic form. In the meantime, I’ll be drawing someone else’s story. I’m doing a few pages. Will talk about it in detail when it’s done (and when it’s okay to announce it). I need to start drawing that soon.

No comments: