Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Buttered Up Pages

Three things:

1. Butterball’s back! He’ll be appearing again in Avengers: The Initiative # 28. He was shown briefly in the most recent issue, as part of the new overt Shadow Initiative. I hope it’s a good story; he had a memorable first appearance and sendoff in A:TI # 13.

2. Watched Up again, this time at the new Greenbelt 3 3D Cinema. Cool beans. It’s a good movie, and it’s about time the Ayala Malls had a 3D theater in Makati. Let’s hope that they have one planned for Glorietta, too.

3. I drew the first few pages of a story for a horror anthology. I can’t say much about it yet, except that a friend wrote it. And it was a challenge to draw a page with implied horrific acts. It made me uncomfortable, which probably means I’m still normal. But I was focused enough to convey that feeling of uneasiness onto the page. I wanted to play Madonna’s sunshine-y “Dear Jessie” after to wipe away the depressing imagery and mindset, but I was already sleepy. Still, I was able to clear my head before zonking out.

No comments: