Thursday, October 15, 2009

Out With the River

Wow, it’s the middle of October, already. So here I am, soaking up the world, sometimes reacting to it, but mostly just feeling detached. In the last couple of months, I adjusted to some changes and challenges, and yeah, I’ve learned to accept some things and move on.

My sleep schedule keeps changing to match my work and other activities; I sometimes barely get enough time to rest, but there are days when I feel that I’ve gotten just enough. I’ve been doing pretty much the same things, like writing, drawing, watching TV shows and movies, and listening to Heather Nova’s River of Life over and over.

Of course, there’s comic book-reading. Among my fave monthlies is Peter David’s X-Factor. It’s not at all like the other X-books, in that it doesn’t strictly follow the goings-on in the X-Men’s world (except when they’re thrust into crossovers like World War Hulk or Messiah Complex). Anyway, in the latest issue (#49), Rictor talks about his relationship with Shatterstar, whom he kissed a few issues ago:

“It didn’t happen overnight, Guido. Besides, Shatterstar and I were involved long before Rahne and I.”

A few pages later, Shatterstar kisses Valerie Cooper in front of Rictor. Guido’s reaction: “This just gets better ‘n better.”

Yep. What he said.

No comments: