Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cristine Reyes thrilled to be dating

(Published June 27, PDI-Entertainment)

By Oliver M. Pulumbarit

Contributor

Actress Cristine Reyes is thrilled to be going on a date with the winner of a beer brand raffle promo, where one of the prizes is a Boracay weekend with the 21-year-old ABS-CBN talent.

“I’m really excited because I’m not dating anyone at the moment,” said the 2009 FHM Philippines’ Sexiest Woman, in Filipino, shortly after the press conference at Outback Glorietta 4 in Makati. “Single ako, promise.”

Reyes, who previously appeared as the lead character in the teleserye “Eva Fonda” and in the horror flick “Patient X,” showed off her curves in a pair of Colt 45 TV commercials announcing the “Vava-Vroom win a date” promo. She is glad that staying fit has its rewards.

“I’m dieting. Seryoso. I eat anything I want, basta in moderation.”

Reyes will be appearing opposite Zanjoe Marudo in ABS-CBN’s “Precious Hearts Romances” titled “Kristine,” based on the series of romance novels by Martha Cecilia.

“I think it’ll run for six months,” she said. “It’s a drama-love story. I’m playing Jewel Fortalejo, a hacendera. We’re always taping in Batangas.”

Making the news last year as among those trapped by Tropical Storm “Ondoy’s” floods, but later rescued off her roof by actor-friend Richard Gutierrez, Reyes said that she’s more prepared for similar calamities.

“Before Ondoy, I bought a new house, but it just happened that I was still in the old one when the weather disturbance happened,” Cristine related. “Now I’m ready for typhoons because I got a house in a high place. Nobody lives in our Marikina home anymore. My mom moved with me to Batasan, Quezon City. If a challenge comes up now, I can handle it better.”

Reyes described sister Ara Mina as a “very supportive ate.”

“I think she’s proud of me, pero hindi sa mga kalokohan ko. She’s proud when she heard na nag No. 1 ako sa FHM. Proud siya na may bago akong pagbibidahan sa ABS-CBN.”

She also wants to star in a war epic, where she can do her own action scenes and stunts. For now, she’s happy with the opportunities she’s getting and is more conscious of her actions.

“When I was just starting, waldas talaga ako. But I’ve learned to save, to invest. I also learned to watch what I do, because I’m a rowdy person. I have to be tame na in front of people.”

As for her dream guy, Reyes wants someone independent and capable of defending her: “Gusto ko mature guy. Marunong na sa buhay.”

No comments: