Friday, June 18, 2010

Invincible Scott Pilgrimage

Been a busy week. Was able to interview Cristine Reyes last Thursday. Got some freebies, including a shirt, a cap, and four cans of Colt 45. Will give the beer to my dad, because I don’t feel like drinking. It’s been over a year since I last drank beer, I think.

Anyway. I’ve been enjoying Robert Kirkman’s Invincible (thanks for recommending, Chris Carrabba!). It’s a fresh take on superheroes, which means it’s fun and unpredictable--remember the feeling when you first read the classic Spidey issues? I was only familiar with Kirkman’s darker Walking Dead stories, so this cleaner, more optimistic book is quite surprising.

Also, I read most of the Scott Pilgrim books, and am eagerly anticipating the movie adaptation. I’m not sure about Michael Cera, but he’s done enough awkward characters, so I hope it works. Also, I hope Kieran Culkin does Wallace Wells, Scott’s gay roommate, justice.

Here’s Brandon Routh as one of the evil exes of Ramona (Scott’s girl). Coolness. But the guy really should play Superman again.

No comments: