Monday, April 25, 2011

Workout Thoughts

The month-long gym membership expires today. It’s been a fun few weeks; the routine I’ve gotten used to is a consistently energetic one. It’s been very helpful, especially since I changed my diet a few months ago. It’s not obvious to everyone, but I lost around 15 lbs. from October to April. I hope to become a member of a gym again soon, but I’ve yet to decide on which. I’m going to miss some of the nicer employees.

Anyway, just some random thoughts at the gym:

- Man, that guy is hogging the Abdominal Crunch machine. And he’s just texting and talking on the phone! It’s been half an hour. Pull a chair, man. Good thing there’s another machine, but it gets used a lot. About 40 minutes have passed. I’m almost tempted to tell him, “Dude, he doesn’t love you. He’s just using your body!”

- Ooh, the lady obviously likes her buff trainer. I mean, maybe you can shriek and giggle a little louder when you’re on the exercise mat and getting positioned by the guy?

- I’ll stop the exercise. I don’t wanna listen to a sappy love song. I really should create a playlist. The shuffle works when I’m drawing or working, but I can’t pace myself properly when I’m distracted by slower songs that remind me of love, unrequited or otherwise.

- I should’ve brought gloves. I’m getting calluses on my palms. Suck.

- Dude, if we body-switched (or mind-switched) for a day, I’d probably whore your sculpted body to the highest bidder. Yuck, scratch that. I’d probably just sleep around a lot with it. Wait, if I whored your body, I get to keep the money, so I guess that works.

- This locker area is crowded. Last week, I was getting stuff from my locker and my back was grazed by a hairy nipple. The guy was reaching for something, and contact was inevitable.

- Okay. That trainer’s probably bored. He’s just looking at his own reflection. And he just lifted his shirt very quickly, probably to check if his abs are still there.

- Aww, that chubby Korean girl seems to be enjoying the exercise machines now. She looked pretty sad weeks ago, and her dad, who’s been motivating her like her very own trainer, looks more relaxed and isn’t following her as much anymore.

- Oh, the handsome couple, they’re an item. They’re always inches away from each other. They’re inseparable. One goes where the other goes. That’s cute.

- Shit. I gotta work. But working out feels so good. Think I’ll stay for a few more minutes.

No comments: