Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sweet Nothings and Endings

Nothing much happening, just keeping up with work that’s piled up in the last couple of days. My room needs a new plastic shelf, and my Christmas tree’s still up. I’m still fighting those freaking, ever-intrusive ants. I finished watching season 2 of the original “Skins,” which was super-angsty. I actually wept, albeit quietly, for some characters. I wanna exercise more but the heat is discouraging. People’ve been complaining about the energy-sapping weather even at night, and so have I.

I watched “Priest” last night with John. Pretty simple and average. Wish it had a more creative title, though. The title’s taken; “Priest” by Antonia Bird was a controversial film back in the ‘90s. Anyway, the new film is about a vampire-hunting warrior priest who disobeys self-righteous and power-mad “holy” leaders of the Church. Interesting that Cam Gigandet and Stephen Moyer play humans here instead of vampires. The “Matrix” and “Underworld” influences on the action choreography are hard to miss.

I’ve been thinking about selling some of my action figures. They’re loose figures, but maybe I can sell them as a set. I dunno which ones yet. Looking at my toy shelf, I see some that I can part with, and some that I still have some attachment to. I look at my collection now and think of how the last decade moved quite fast for me. Anyway, it was a good hobby, it can take a toll on your wallet, but it positively diverts you.

Think I’ll watch the American version of “Skins” tonight on MTV. Oh, I’ve been enjoying the weird but funny Cartoon Network show “Adventure Time,” about the silly exploits of the boy-hero Finn and his best bud, the shape-changing dog Jake.

No comments: