Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Live-Action Assembling

Some “Avengers” teaser pics have been released. I found these on CBR, and a Tom "Loki" Hiddleston interview posted on MTV Splash Page. He talked about working on action scenes with his co-stars:

“It’s so funny because we’re all so gentle with each other. With Robert [Downey, Jr.] I was like, ‘Shall I squeeze a bit harder?’ And he was like, ‘Just squeeze baby, squeeze. Keep squeezing, baby.' And then Chris Hemsworth had to properly tackle me, [he asked] ‘Shall I just nudge you in the shoulder, mate?’ And I’m like, ‘Just take me out buddy, otherwise it’s going to look rubbish,’ and you kind of get a kick out of the physicality of it and then you wake up every morning going ‘Awww, I've got a few cracks.’ But it’s fun! We’re making the ‘Avengers,’ you know. It’s too much fun.”

That part with Robert Downey is funny. And interesting images, so far. I do hope that they include other unannounced Avengers characters, which can be played by less-popular actors (think Iceman in the first X-flick). The roster is okay, though. I hope these versions of Black Widow and Hawkeye become likeable, human heroes. It’s in Joss Whedon’s capable hands, so yeah, we’ll probably see that happen.

No comments: