Finally watched it a second time. I appreciated the pace and story details more. My other thoughts on the movie, with spoilers this time.
- Cool Buffy-esque treatment of Black Widow during the mob interrogation scene. I especially like that Agent Coulson was just cool and assured of her competence during the beatdown of her “captors.” It’s also nice to see her fleshed out through her interactions with Loki and Hawkeye.
- Alexis Denisof is the alien middleman The Other! Loved the actor as Wesley in “Buffy” and “Angel.” I hope to see Joss Whedon’s other actors next time.
- Speaking of next time, I read that Whedon is hesitating to do the sequel. I hope he agrees to do it. The humor and interactions just wouldn’t be the same without him.
- The Hulk still looks incredibly like Mark Ruffallo amid the mega-buffness. Was really impressed with the Helicarrier slugfest, and the hilarious “Puny god!” scene.
- Tom Hiddleston a.k.a. Loki. The actor and the character kick ass. As pointed out by some people, he’d probably make a great Doctor Who someday.
- I wish they showed Cap and Iron Man beating the heck outta each other. But the insult-hurling worked just fine.
- The team needs more females, with powers. Maybe the Wasp and Scarlet Witch can be members. As for new male members, maybe limit it to one or two. The Coulson-as-Vision rumor is interesting, but we’ll see if that happens. Perhaps Henry Pym can be introduced as well.
- Have Loki organize a team of super-villains in the next movie. It’d be nice if he were to meet and fight alongside Thanos in the sequel, too.
- Thanos! Whedon called him “the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain” in an interview. Would really love to see the filmmaker bring the nihilist god to life. I can imagine him and the team in a no-holds-barred fight. That would be totally epic.