Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weather Whizzered

Some status updates, compiled.

July 26. Deadline week done. Feeling a bit sick. Obligations fulfilled, at least.
July 30. Nilantakan ang kalahating garapon ng Junior Stik-O. Makalat kainin pero masarap.
July 31. Really tired of this typhoon.
Aug. 3. Accidentally mass-deleted a bunch of text messages sent to me between 2007-2012. But it's okay; I copied some of the most important ones to a notebook. Some texts from '06-'07 were undeleted, reminders that certain things were different, and that I've grown a bit since then.
Aug. 3. Busy work weeks ahead. I'm thankful.
Aug. 3. Nami-miss ko yung Coney Island ice cream.
Aug. 4. Rainy day catharsis. Was rummaging through my old pictures and was suddenly reminded of my childhood, specifically the sixth grade. One of my bullies was a teacher who scolded me in front of classmates. She was fuming because she thought that the hole in my pants' right knee was a rebellious fashion statement. It wasn't; it just grew gradually. I mean, c'mon, I was twelve. What fashion statement?
She had no qualms with embarrassing me in front of classmates, whether it was because of that "rebelliousness," or because I forgot to have a reply slip signed. She always looked at me funny. I never really respected her because of those incidents, come to think of it.
She had to leave, thankfully, because she was replacing a school administrator that passed away. But before that, that last day, she admitted to having a favorite, that girl who was active during class recitations. The teacher hugged her. I don't know about my other classmates, but that looked and felt icky to me.

No comments: