Monday, August 05, 2013

Sensory Sensitivity

Things from the week or so that was.

July 25. Been dealing with a chest-rupturing cough and an on-again, off-again headache. Begone, sickness.
July 28. Well enough to work out again. Fueled by orange and calamansi juice.
July 30. Craving peanut better. And there's strawberry jam. Perfect.
July 30. Some of my best childhood memories: I had epic action figure scenarios, back when He-Man was kinda new. I remember enough stuff in the background at different times--my older brother playing his Duran Duran record, my older sister watching American movies on Beta, my younger siblings playing outside and eating ice candy. It wasn't always summer and sunny, but that's how I remember growing with, and being part of a big family.
July 31. Phoner rescheduled because of technical difficulties. Bummer. But my editor unexpectedly called and asked me to write breaking news about something else. Cool. I am now eating slices of cake (Happy Wedding Anniversary, Mom and Dad!). Chocolate and peach something something cakes. Yum.
Aug. 2. The Bodhi near my place just closed. It was there for over a decade. I'm gonna miss the affordable and tasty non-meat meals. It feels like the end of an era.

No comments: