Thursday, January 23, 2014

London Fridge, Two

Whovian geekfood. In my head, I was shrieking; when I saw a couple of Doctor Who items being sold at the Waterstones bookstore in Piccadilly, I just got really excited. I mean, London is/was home to the heroic, time-traveling Doctor's companions. And there were a couple of adventures in the city. So it's just fitting that I got them there. I bought the two books from Waterstones, and I found the two magazines while buying food at Heathrow Airport. Awesome, informative reads.

Room service! The fries were thicker than Pentel Pen markers. And they weren't called wedges or fries, but chips. I actually expected potato chips, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is the Piccadilly Burger, the hotel's specialty sandwich. It was topped with a huge onion ring. I jammed those veggies into it, too. The guy who brought it to my room looked like a young European actor, with a shock of twirly light hair. 

After the roundtables at Soho Hotel. That's the reason I was there. We weren't allowed to take pictures, sadly. But the interviews were fine, just the same. I enjoyed listening to Lena Dunham a lot; she really is a smart, perceptive young woman. When I asked her if this new season was about recovery, she said, "That's a great way of putting it! I'm gonna steal that from you!"

Untouched minibar, Jan. 2014 edition. I take pictures of the contents of mini-fridges every time I'm in a hotel. It's just an odd habit, I suppose. I didn't feel tempted to drink the whole time I was there, by the way. I needed to be sober. I was alone, it was my first trip by myself, and I needed to be more conscious of my surroundings. Anyway, I wish I had more time to visit the museums and the landmarks. I hope to have a traveling buddy or two for a long holiday, eventually. Perhaps I'll check out some pubs next time as well. Knock on wood and fingers crossed.

I will be back someday, London. I will explore you intimately. Then leave you with fond memories.

No comments: