Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ten Years of Blogging

Wow. Hard to believe but it's been that long. I look back from time to time, and see stuff that I wrote when times and things were vastly different. There are some entries here that I'm proud of, some I'm embarrassed by, and others that I totally forgot about but are actually intriguing to me now. I wish I could write more personal stuff--I wrote a lot of those when I had more free time, when I was a freelancer--but I'll keep posting articles that I wrote for the newspaper, aside from some blog-exclusive stuff. What have I learned about blogging in 10 years? Well, you can keep sharing about yourself, without really giving the most private, personal things away. Ultimately, the entries are just a fraction of who you are--and that's not a bad thing. Blogging for me now, and I'm guessing, for a few others, hasn't been as urgent anymore, probably because time online has been eaten by social media, which is differently distracting . That said, I'll keep posting, as this blog has become a time capsule of sorts to me.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: