Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sexy Lexy Update

Just some quick thanks to the following people who talked about Lexy, Nance & Argus: Sex, Gods, Rock & Roll:

There are nice reviews of my book online by Vinnie Simbulan (viniquest.blogspot.com, Jan. 10, 2005), Elbert Or (mars4.blogspot.com, Jan. 5), and Carl Vergara (carverhouse.blogspot.com, Jan. 6). Carl's is a partial review, as he's only seen my 18-page first act (the Pulp installments) that's also reprinted as part of my 68-page book.

Thanks to Vives Anunciacion, whose review appeared in Inquirer Libre last January 17. He doesn't normally review non-movies for the free paper, but he generously made an exception. Thanks to Entertainment section editor Romel Lalata for letting him.

Thanks to readers Brian a.k.a. Otistik, Philip, Glaiza, Neil, Bocceli and Jagard for sharing some wonderful thoughts. I'm flattered and happy that you found my comic book world and its denizens appealing on different levels. Thanks also to Ian Carandang, Francis Alger, Karl De Mesa, Ricky Olivares, and Philippine Star contributor Jonathan Chua for lending their support and texting me about the book.

To all the others who purchased and read my work... SALAMAT!!! Please tell your friends (and their friends' friends) to buy copies. But make sure they're not minors, though...

Also, my endless thanks to Super! editors Pam Pastor and Tim Yap for using my announcement in the Jan. 8 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Thanks also to Mr. Felix Cua. LEXY, NANCE & ARGUS: SEX, GODS, ROCK & ROLL is now available at DRUID'S KEEP. It’s the new hobby shop located at the third floor of the GATEWAY CENTRE in Magallanes. They have a nice selection of comic books and action figures. Please do call up the shop first at landline # 854-5332 if it is open (the store is closed on certain days).

The comic book is still available at all COMIC QUEST stores (Megamall landline: 634-1291).

6 comments:

bocceli said...

You deserve all the accollades you're getting. :) it was such a fun read. really. :D

Tobie said...

You're welcome.


(even if I'm not among those listed_
:-P

OLIVER said...

Bocceli...awww. :)

Tobie, I didn't forget you. Update naman ito eh. I thought it was clear when I posted an entry collecting all the blurbs earlier this month, 'cause I thanked each and every person personally, off-blog. But yup, it bears repeating. Thanks to Dean, Oscar, Budj, Arnold, Gerry, Jojo, McPiggy, Woofy, and of course, you, for the help. Your comments and overall support have helped me--and are still helping me--promote the book. It's actually a difficult job getting people's attention, but so far, your endorsements are helping me and the project immensely. Thank You.

Unavailable said...

i was supposed to finsh a paper due the day after i bought your comic book. but i thought to myself, "the f*ck with that paper. this one's helluva good read."... i got a c+ but it's okay. i've learned more from that book.

lexy, nance and argus rock! oh yeah, and pansexuality too...

OLIVER said...

Hey there, Metro Shoti!
How'd you discover this little hidey-hole?
Thank you for reading. I'm really flattered! Now that you're done with it, though, I hope you can concentrate on school work again. :) :)

Unavailable said...

nothing like typing the words "oliver pulumbarit" at the yahoo search box to appease the lex-nance-argus hype in me.. haha..