Monday, February 14, 2005

Love-ly Day


Pencil drawing, Apr. 1999
The Brigadier (one of the most formidable National Champions) and Eclectica (daughter of monster entities Lilith and Grendel) make an unlikely but happy couple. Posted by Hello
--------------------
Bleh, “Valentine’s Day”.
--------------------

Some of my favorite love songs aren’t necessarily ultrasappy ballads. But yeah, I like obsessive, irrational, and cloyingly honest lyrics. These flawed, relatable perspectives are very appealing to me, especially when they're integrated into memorably melodic tunes.

“Valentine. You know that I'm fighting this love in vain. The sun's been shining for a week. But it just feels like rain, Valentine. I know you're not mine. And I don't know why you stay. But when those hearts and flowers fade, oh my darlin’, look my way…”
--Belinda Carlisle, “Valentine”

“I've got a pocket full of holes. Head in the clouds, the king of fools. You've got a ribbon of rainbows, the sun in your eyes burning through. Could be I'm happy and sad; could be I'm losing my head over you. Well, you've gotta be crazy, baby, to want a guy like me. Yeah, you've gotta be out of your mind. Crazy…”
--Icehouse, “Crazy”

"I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep. I'm in too far; I'm in way too deep over you. You'll always be the one. You were the first, you'll be the last. Wherever you go, I'll be with you. Whatever you want, I'll give it to you. Whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon. Remember, after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame. I will be the flame…”
--Cheap Trick, “The Flame”

2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

this is off topic ..

roses [chorus] par outkastI know you'd like to thank your shit don't stank. But lean a little bit closer. See that roses really smell like boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo.
^_^

OLIVER said...

Heheh. Outkast is funny. And creative. :)