Thursday, May 05, 2005

Mixed Bag

Bully shit
McPigs recently told me about a co-worker whose strange behavior is quite disturbing. The person gets mightily sarcastic and verbally offensive at every possible opportunity for no real reason. The ass just reminded me of a few but annoyingly memorable bullies I've encountered myself, people who couldn’t handle the pressures they signed up for. None of them are my age; they’re always someone enjoying some semblance of authority. They probably get off on threatening, picking on, or yelling at those they consider lesser than themselves. In truth, they’re just repressed, self-loathing, hideous pieces of crap who can’t pick on someone their own size or age. And that’s just pathetic. To those who feel more complete by causing other people grief, don’t work out your hang-ups and issues on those who have nothing to do with them, you stupid freaks.

Comicky goodness
Moving on to nicer things. Ran into talented writer-artist Chris Costello last weekend at Megamall. Recognized him from his journal pictures. Gave him a copy of LNA I was carrying with me. He seems like a nice fellow.

Speaking of giving stuff away, FHM Philippines has this little contest with a familiar prize (scroll down that page). Also in the May 2005 issue of FHM is their nice “quotable quotes” portion where they culled “winning comic book lines” from, ahem, my brainchild (Thanks, Chrissy I.!).

Anyway, Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday. Visit your favorite comic book shop and get some imported freebies (not sure if a prior purchase is necessary, if ever, so ask them about it).

Happy Birthday, Mom!
We love you. :)

2 comments:

boi_bitch said...

OMG. if i didn't have work to busy myself with, i'd prolly be just stalking CC. he's been my online crush for a while now. ahahahaha.

OLIVER said...

Really? Hehehe. He's tall, macho and has a deep voice, if you're into that. ;) Cool guy.