Thursday, June 30, 2005

See the Sun Rise

Been a while since I listened to this Melissa Etheridge ballad. It spoke to me when I felt problematic years back. I can still relate to it, even after things have changed radically. Reminds me of those who really matter.
---------
Talking to My Angel

Don't be afraid. Close your eyes. Lay it all down. Don't you cry. Can't you see I'm going where I can see the sun rise? I've been talking to my angel. He said that it's alright.

I've always had to run. I don't know just why. Desire slowly smoking under the midwest sky. There's something waiting out there that says I've got to try. I've been talking to my angel. He said that it's alright.

This town thinks I'm crazy; they just think I'm strange. Sometimes they want to own me. Sometimes they wish I'd change. But I can feel the thunder underneath my feet. I sold my soul for freedom. It's lonely but it's sweet.

Don't be afraid. Close your eyes. Lay it all down. Don't you cry. Can't you see I'm going where I can see the sun rise? I've been talking to my angel. He said that it's alright.

3 comments:

rmacapobre said...

a friend asked. "hey - when is Oliver going to put out another book?"

"im not sure. lets ask him" i said.

^_^

slim whale said...

hhmmmm, nice question rmacapobre. what say you, oliver?

OLIVER said...

When something's concrete, I'll be plugging the hell out of it here. ;)