Monday, July 11, 2005

Dreams and Superpeople

Comics Bargain Junkie
Spent a few hours last Saturday, Sunday, and early today scouring Comic Quest outlets North and Festival for more 30-peso comic books. It’s a good thing the sale ends today, or I’d end up going there again tomorrow. I now have whole runs of spandex-fests like Warlock (by Greg Pak), Invaders, Rawhide Kid and Thor: Godstorm, as well as random issues of New X-Men: Academy X (I like many of these new characters, students mentored by ex-New Mutants Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, etc.), JSA, Robin (Spoiler got tortured during War Games!), X-Men Unlimited, Spectre (by DeMatteis), Thanos (guest-starring Galactus!), Strange (by JMS), Spider-Man’s Tangled Web (indie creators do Spidey!), Fantastic Four, JLA: Classified, GLA, Witches, Runaways, and many more. I also bought two PVP issues by Scott Kurtz. Looks interesting.

Dream King in the Mall
Jamie
, thank you for offering me your Neil Gaiman event pass… sorry that I really couldn’t fit it in my sched. But I’m confident that I’ll meet and chat with the guy one day. Hope someone else was able to use it.

Talk to the Future
I’ve just been asked by one of my editors to talk to a group of high schoolers about interviewing celebrities later this week. I’m scared… and a little excited. We’ll see how that goes. Will talk about it more when things become sure.

4 comments:

JaymsterBean said...

oliver!!!

waaah :( unfortunately none of my friends could make it din to the event kanina :(

sayang.

remembrance ko na lang yung invite. hehe :)

gumby said...

Wish you were at the Neil Gaiman event - had a great time hanging out with Dicky! I envy his McPiglet doodle by Neil - waaaaahhhh! :)

rmacapobre said...

fantastic four .. stan lee made a cameo .. hee hee hee

OLIVER said...

Jamie, thanks talaga ha. Babalik naman si Neil eh. :)

Gumby, yup, Dicky and another friend were telling me how fun it was, and how Neil was so accommodating. Nagmistulang World Youth Day yung mga fans, walang snobbery sa isa't-isa. :)

And yes, I saw the drawing. That was so cool. :)

Max, yeah, the cameo was longer than usual. :)