Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Manila Whore Barbie

After getting a makeover for an ‘80s-themed party, Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) quipped, “I look like Manila Whore Barbie.”
("Ruskie Business", season 1, episode 15)

Heehee. This is the first episode of the hit-acclaimed teen show that I watched in its entirety. Well, kinda… I was checking my email while the TV was on two nights ago. But it was pretty clear that this episode was smartly written, witty, and very contemporary. And Veronica is the Nancy Drew of the mid-‘00s, if you will. Plus, the episode had Alyson Hannigan! Been a while since I saw her. She was the lezzie witch in Buffy, and the Band Camp girl in the American Pie movies, for those unfamiliar with her real name. She plays the sassy but sarcastic older sister of one of Veronica’s friends here. Ah, I miss her as Willow. Wish that spinoff Buffy series will still materialize, whatever that may be.

While looking for this photo in different screen caps and pic galleries, I kinda got spoiled on the bigger mystery arc in previous episodes, but, eh, I still wanna watch the rest of the show eventually. Hope ETC does a marathon one of these days.

2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

i happen to like her and her show. ^_^

OLIVER said...

She's very likable. :)