Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Health Spazz

Early Thursday morning, I went to an interview assignment. I tried sleeping early the night prior, but after hours of just tossing and turning due to a toothache, I just decided to get rest when I get back. Felt a throbbing in my molar, but I was able to ignore it the time I was working. But my concern then was different, had to stay awake because I had to walk through a mall after the job to get a ride home.

It’s happened before; I stay awake for a day and I just shut down and get a big headache after. Was feeling woozy hours after I got home, so I took paracetamol, put vaporub on my temples and chest, and lied down to catch some z’s. I felt cold, then hot, and I would wake up wanting to pull my molar out with my fingers (which wasn’t really aching, but it feels like the nerves underneath got cold). I also tugged at my thickening would-be sideburns, a sign that I needed to get to the barber’s. I felt like throwing up for a time, but I couldn’t for some reason. I hate getting sick.

Spent Friday sleeping and recharging. Was able to enjoy some Hot and Crispy fried chicken, which I rarely eat, but it's strongly spiced and it registers on my then-dulled taste buds. And, boy, can that unclog your nose and make it run. Yeah.

So anyway, went to the barber shop when I felt better two days later, and ended up sporting a Prison Break-ish skinhead ‘do, because the razor-happy barber didn’t get what I was trying to say. Well, my head’s easier to wash, I know, and it’ll grow back, but that’s gonna be tedious. I had my head shaved ten years ago, and it took me time to grow it back to a style that I like, especially since my hairline's receding.

Not much happening lately. Weather in Manila’s nice and cold, and I lost the two pounds I gained during the holidays. Read some comics, a few of them unexpectedly bad (I’m looking at you, Civil War: The Return!). Watched 21 Grams, and for the second time since I saw it in 2000, Scream 3.

Oh yeah, speaking of Scream, I just remembered, I was able to phone-interview Timothy Olyphant (Broken Hearts Club, Scream 2, Go) for the paper about his Deadwood work a few weeks back. That was cool.

2 comments:

glenncruz said...

Now, now, oliver, wouldn't it be more helpful if you visit the dentist no sooner than now? need a referral? anyways, i just wanted to say that i've moved out of blogger. my new blog is at http://glenncruz.i.ph

You need some TLC too... again, do you need a referral? he he... why am i sounding like my mom?!

OLIVER said...

Wow, thanks Glenn. Actually, I know a few dentists. Medyo madalang lang visits lately. And medyo kaya ko pa... hehehe... aruuy.

Oh, will visit your new site. :)