Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pain and Healing

I wish I could wish it away. But it’s trangkaso, the doctor said, and I have to let it run its course.

Late Sunday, I felt heat around my eye sockets and on my neck, and sure enough, these were followed by headaches and fever, which switched on and off. My sleeping schedule’s disrupted, and most of the last few days were spent just lying down, drinking lots of water, and peeing a number of times every hour that I’m awake. I was able to shoehorn in a little work, but I had to keep stopping because my focus keeps slipping.

I actually tried to ignore it at first. I thought that it would just go away quickly. But I had to refuse a job Pam was assigning me because I wasn’t feeling my usual fast-paced self at one point. She suggested that I have a checkup soon, and so I did. We feared it may be dengue. Also, I don’t know if it’s psychological, but I was feeling itchy all over, even after I’ve scrubbed thoroughly with antibacterial soap.

After two hours of waiting at the couch of a clinic with stabbing cold aircon, the doctor-internist-gastrosomething declared that yeah, it’s nothing truly major, and advised the usual things: rest, plenty of water, paracetamol, mefenamic and ascorbic acid. The illness doesn’t last past a week, but I could still feel sick for the remaining span, I’m told.

Gah, I feel tired from doing nothing. Getting sick sucks.

My ears are still red and warm, and my throat’s a little sore. I can feel swollen lymph nodes behind my ears too. I really need to finish some things already, like the drawings I mentioned previously. And I wanna go out.

3 comments:

glenncruz said...

get well soon... what you need is some "yakapsul" and "kisspirin"... hehehe, very 80s.

joelmcvie said...

I agree that getting sick sucks. But I looove just staying at home, mostly lying down in bed, doing nothing. Even with a high temperature and all, so long as it's rainy season weather. If it's at the height of a burning summer... aaargh!

OLIVER said...

Glenn,

Haha. Thanks. I have them in abundance. ;)

McVie,

Yeah, I agree... at least maganda ang weather. I remember getting sick one summer and... yeah, it's pretty horrible, hehe.