Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Need a Fix ‘Coz I’m Going Down

Summer’s here! The Holy Week break means I’m gonna be working on a total of about six articles for the agencies and publications. But I ain’t complaining. The year started slowly, work-wise, so it’s good to look forward to getting paid for all these. I need a change of pace, though, and some cold mojitos or vodka cruisers.

Haven’t gotten the chance to blog about stuff in detail, but here are some thoughts and observations that I just need to enumerate, before I forget:

1. Attended the Colbie Caillat presscon for a music mag. She’s great. And she really does look like Jennifer Aniston; the resemblance is damn uncanny.

2. Went to SM City Pampanga to cover a program last week. Seeing the green fields en route to the place was refreshing. The mall, well, if you’ve seen one SM, I suppose you’ve seen ‘em all. And the Fitness First there isn’t packed with people yet… From the spot I was staying, I only saw one person treadmilling the whole afternoon.

3. Saw Viggo Mortensen’s nekkid fight scene in Eastern Promises. Just one question: why didn’t his would-be killers just kick him in the nuts?

4. The Watchmen movie pics look really awesome. But I don’t get the Bat-nipples on Ozymandias’ costume. But again, since it’s the Watchmen, their inclusion must be deliberate. I hope it’s not an oversight.

5. Was kinda stunned by the violence in Urbandub’s “Evidence” music. Iza Calzado plays a wife who cheats with a guy (the bald Eigenmann kid). They’re caught by the husband (the vocalist guy), who whacks ‘em both unflinchingly. Really fricking bloody, but it has good photography.

6. Ants invaded my plastic bag of groceries and tore holes into some instant noodle packs. Craaaap. But I put them in the ref. The noodles will be enriched with red ants when I cook ‘em.

7. Globe’s service has been problematic lately. There were times these past few days when I couldn’t send messages or call people. It gets better after a while, but it’s becoming a recurring problem. Hope they fix that soon.

8. Been listening and singing along to the Across The Universe soundtrack, a new mix CD, my old Tori Amos CD “Little Earthquakes” and something I just bought, the kickass Regina Spektor album “Begin To Hope.”

9. Fell in and out of love with Choco Mucho. It’s like a longer Safari. Must try out other chocolates, now.

10. Got a cool beer band from Pam. “Hammered,” it says. Yay!

11. Saw Across the Universe again, this time with John. I still love it. Coocoo Coochoo!

No comments: