Sunday, March 16, 2008

Noah’s Spark

I met up with Mark hours ago at a nearby Shakey’s. Nike, cute li’l Noah and Nike’s mom were there, too. I expected to leave quickly ‘cause I just needed to get some reference material for work. But they asked me to stay a bit. Gorgeous Nike had interesting things to say, particularly about my old comic book. Well, she said she was kinda shocked when she flipped through the pages (“May moaning pa!”). This was years back, shortly after its release, when Dicky sold Mark a copy and I didn’t know him yet. It’s been a while since I heard people’s reactions to it, so it was amusing to hear her talk about it.

Noah’s so adorable. I sort of babysat him for a few minutes. He wanted to try out those little car rides at the kids’ play area after eating. I carried him outta his high chair, he tugged me by my index finger and excitedly rushed to the place. It’s been some time since I was the babysitting uncle and I kinda miss it. He saw some coin slots near the cartoony car’s steering wheel and told me, “Orever! Money!”

It was cool when his mom asked him to say a bunch of things too, including “Tito Oliver, you’re so funny!” He mumbled the words, “Orever, so funny,” pointed at his dad, and laughed mockingly. I don’t get it, it felt a little sarcastic with the laughter and all, but it was so, so cute.

No comments: