Thursday, June 12, 2008

Damn Restless

Exhaustion’s been creeping into my head. Haven’t been getting enough sleep, and I’ve been feeling tired even after I wake up these last couple of days. And there are times when I can’t doze off, even when I desperately want to.

I try not to worry. But I do ask myself if I’m doing the right thing, if my efforts count, if I should even bother. I ask myself where and when I’m getting the next paycheck, what I’m gonna eat tonight and how I’m gonna make my money last for the next few weeks. But don’t get me wrong. I love being a freelancer and the arrangements it offers me.

I know that other people have it worse, that they’ve problems on a scale unimaginable to me, but I’d say that my concerns are just as valid, and I can still acknowledge that we’re all struggling with whatever it is that life throws at us.

I know things are gonna get easier, but I wish they’d get that way sooner.

I’m f*cking tired.

No comments: