Friday, July 04, 2008

Brain Color, Star Sign, Invisible Touch

Yeah, I took the Jung-inspired personality test over at ipersonic.com too. So I’m a “Spontaneous Idealist (SI),” a person who is supposedly “creative” and “open-minded.” To better understand what an SI is, click on the image below (nah, sorry, I didn’t feel like copy-pasting the code).

I would say that I agree with most of the things it’s saying, especially these:

“This personality type is a keen and alert observer… In extreme cases, they tend to be oversensitive and exaggeratedly alert and are inwardly always ready to jump.”

“(They) attach great value to their inner and outward independence and do not like accepting a subordinate role. They therefore have problems with hierarchies and authorities.”

Hahaha! That is so me. Here’s something curious, though:

“Boring everyday life in a partnership is not for them so that many Spontaneous Idealists slip from one affair into another.”

Haha, that can probably be interpreted as… uhm, I dunno. Heh.

There are pretty accurate adjectives that describe my personality, like “communicative,” “curious,” “erratic,” and “enthusiastic,” among others. It’s quite amusing.

I started reading Sheila Glazov’s What Color is Your Brain a few days ago, too, which classifies personality types into colors. I’m a Green Brainer, which the book describes as someone “independent” and “private.” My secondary brain color (or “blending color”) is blue, which also influences how I deal with things and people. I think it should be my primary color, because inquisitiveness, emotional sensitivity and artistry fall under it. Still, one of the tests says that I’m predominantly green, and I agree with many of its points. I really should finish that book; it’s quite diverting.

Interestingly, I’m a Scorpio, which doesn’t contradict most of the descriptions given by those personality quizzes. Now, as I have mentioned previously, I don’t really believe in astrology. But the sign assigned to me, uncannily, just describes me perfectly.

It’s also interesting that most of these things somehow have us figured out and classified into easy categories. And it’s just as interesting that there are others who understand exactly who you are and what makes you tick; that mostly unseen fellowship kind of reassures you that you’re not alone in this planet, after all.

No comments: