Saturday, November 22, 2008

Most Likely To Forget He Had a Wife

Now that’s funny. “With Great Power Comes Great Electric Bills” and “Most Likely To Forget He Had a Wife” are written under the partially amnesiac guy’s “yearbook photo.” It’s great that there’s some acknowledgement of the now-dissolved marriage. I’ll probably get this when it’s out next month. While I’m not a fan at all of the Peter-Mary Jane Parker magic breakup in One More Day, I read some of Dan Slott’s Brand New Day stories. They’re quite good. The Amazing Spider-Man ’08 Yearbook, according to Marvel’s solicits, will summarize the yearlong arcs and have Handbook entries of the new characters that debuted in that time.

Speaking of summaries, the Official Index to the Marvel Universe is scheduled for a January release. It’ll be filled with summaries of Marvel stories from years ago. I’ll probably check it out because I’m a fan of these encyclopedia-style titles. I hope it’s worth getting and well-designed. I remember the Spider-Man Index from the ‘80s, which a classmate bought religiously. That was always a good read.

As for the Dark Reign Files, I’ll be getting it for sure. I’m not excited about that new event, mainly because the recent universe-changing events have been mostly unsatisfying and repetitive. Most recently, it became tiring when Mighty Avengers and New Avengers became heavily tied-in to Secret Invasion. Many of the stories didn’t have Avengers in them! But I’ll be getting this Handbook, just to get updated on new characters and their histories.

No comments: