Sunday, January 04, 2009

Super Trooper

Benedict gave me a bunch of comics and an action figure last Christmas. George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise is so cool. The Star Wars creator is immortalized in plastic, looking much thinner and younger because this was based on how he looked back in the ‘70s. I’m not sure if there’s already a Baron Papanoida figure, based on the character Lucas briefly played in Revenge of the Sith. But it’s inevitable that it’ll be made eventually. That must be strange and cool at the same time, to be part of action figure sets of your own movies.

This reminds me, I saw Peter Jackson Hobbit action figure in a toy shop months back. That looked good, too. Hmm, I wonder if there are other filmmakers or storytellers with their faces on toys. I know Kevin Smith has his own figures, but that’s already based on his character Silent Bob. Maybe Joss Whedon should have one someday. Buffy and Angel action figures are already being made, so that’s possible. Maybe he can be a generic vampire with changeable heads. And maybe Tim Burton should have his own figure, too. He can effortlessly blend in with the people in the dimly lit worlds he helps shape.

Anyway, thanks for the nice new toy, Benedict. I love it.

No comments: