Monday, May 04, 2009

Last Suppers

I’ve seen different illustrations and photos inspired by Da Vinci’s interpretation of the momentous dining scene. A Google Image search reveals interesting variations, like Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Looney Tunes, X-Men, JLA, House, Simpsons, South Park, and many others.

So these are mine, but I didn’t adhere strictly to the layout. I’m a fan of Milligan and Allred’s mutant celebrity team X-Statix, and would like to see the title and characters revived someday. I included Spike Freeman because he’s the traitor figure of the old series.

X-Statix Dines Out

The Smurfs, back in fourth grade, I drew them a lot. I enjoyed drawing them again. Papa Smurf isn’t a messiah figure, but he’s used mystic abilities, saved the young ones from trouble, and taught lessons along the way. Anyway, after doing this, I found a similarly themed drawing of the Smurfs online. Same long table with Papa Smurf at the center, but it’s outdoors, daytime, and they had sandwiches on their plates.

Eat At Smurf’s

No comments: