Friday, July 17, 2009

Keeping Up With the Skywalkers

I’m glad that the Star Wars saga still continues, albeit in its prequel period, through the animated Clone Wars series. This here’s an old drawing, my entry to E! Philippines’ art contest back in the summer of 2002. They were giving away tickets to Episode II: Attack of the Clones. As I wasn’t part of press guest lists yet, I really wanted to win them and attend the preview at Louie’s THX. I drew this on 11” X 17” vellum, and glued it on the black side of a 15” X 20” illustration board. I had to put “stars” onto the black part using a Liquid Paper pen, if I remember correctly. The quote was “Tell her… you were right,” pertaining to Anakin’s last words to Luke. “Her” is actually “your sister” in the movie, but space was limited and I had to paraphrase. I saw the TV announcement that listed me as one of ten winners. I went to the venue, got the tickets, and watched with a friend. A few days later, I went to E!’s Makati office (the location of which I don’t remember anymore), and got a huge, heavy box containing several (I think about 18) cans of Cali Shandi. Sparkly.

Thanks to Benedict for the scan.

No comments: