Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yearender, Apostrophe Ten

Pretty good year. In 2010, I:

- read dozens of comic books, and consider Avengers: Children’s Crusade, Invincible, Supergod, Mighty Avengers, Scott Pilgrim, Avengers Academy, Heroic Age: Heroes, Chew, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Force, Antman and the Wasp, Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, and Amazing Spider-Man 611 (guest-starring Deadpool!) among my faves.

- interviewed Dashboard Confessional, Cristine Reyes, Deborah Ann Woll, Michael C. Hall, and Bear Grylls, among others. Speaking of work, thanks to Ma’ams Emmie and Cora, and Pam for asking me to write stuff for the paper. And thanks to those who contacted and offered me other writing jobs.

- couch potatoed and enjoyed Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Phineas and Ferb, Being Human, True Blood, Modern Family, Legend of the Seeker, Doctor Who, Family Guy, and Conan.

- didn’t eat deep-fried and oily stuff for a month, lost some weight, but ate unhealthy food during the Christmas season. The dieting will resume, I hope, immediately after the holidays.

- watched dozens of movies and found Toy Story 3, Kick-Ass, Salt, The Fighter, Social Network, Inception, Let Me In, How to Train Your Dragon, and Where the Wild Things Are among the more memorable ones.

- added 68 illustrations to my art portfolio and online galleries. Cool that some of my drawings posted on DeviantArt get picked up and talked about by Tumblr bloggers too.

- kept blogging, except when busy with work or reeling from illness. But I’ll continue posting content written or illustrated by me, as often as possible. My sites won’t be changing to copy-pasting movie blogs any time soon.

- attended my sister’s wedding. I don’t normally attend family gatherings, but this, of course, was different. One of my cousins half-joked that it’s been 20 years since he last saw me; all he sees is my name on the paper.

- won a Where the Wild Things Are poster signed by the cast, and a Tron yoyo and baller band at preview screening raffles.

Again, my thanks to people who made 2010 a pleasant year. May 2011 be peaceful and more prosperous. Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: